Download and Install App
1. Log in to your RingCentral online account.
2. Go to the Tools menu and select Desktop App.
3. Download the version of the app compatible with your computer, either PC or Mac.
4. Run the install wizard.
Now you're ready login to RingCentral for Desktop.
Your computer needs the following minimum requirements to best use RingCentral for Desktop.
• Windows 7 and 8
• 1 GHz (32-bit) or 2 GHz (64-bit) processor
• Minimum 512 MB RAM
• 200 MB hard drive space
• Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or above
• Intel processor
• Minimum 512 MB RAM
• 100 MB hard drive space
1. Click the Ring Central icon on your computer desktop.
2. Select your region; then type the same username and password you use to log into your RingCentral online account.
3. Click Login. And you’re in!
1. Click the blue phone icon at the top menu to bring up the Dial Pad. The Place a Call screen opens, showing a dial pad.
2. In the To field, either click the "+" to search for a contact, or click numbers on the dial pad to manually dial a phone number.
3. Click the green call bar to place the call.
TIP: You can always make a call directly from your Contacts screen, too. Just click the name you want to call and your call will connect from the screen.
Tranferring A Call
When you’re on an active call, the on-screen options make it easy to manage your call. You can:
- Lets you transfer a call to another phone, like your mobile phone, without interrupting the call. Click to flip the call and select the phone you want to use.
- Transfer the call to another colleague or phone number. There are two types of transfers:
Warm Transfer: gives you a chance to talk to your colleague before connecting the caller.
Cold Transfer: simply connects the caller directly.
Forwarding A Call
When a call comes in and you think someone else might want to take it,
you can forward the call. Here’s how:
1. From the Incoming Call screen, click Forward. A popup screen opens with phone number options.
2. Click the phone number where you want the call forwarded. Or click Custom and type the phone number you want.
3. Click Forward. RingCentral for Desktop transfers the call to the new phone number.
4. Click Ignore to stop ringing on your app and allow call forwarding rules to take effect.
Launch Online Meeting
1. At the bottom of the screen, click the video camera icon . Online Meetings opens in a separate window on your computer.
2. Click Host a meeting if you’re the one who set up the meeting. You might have to log in to Online Meetings first, before the meeting is connected.
3. Or click Join a meeting if you’re connecting to a meeting set up by someone else.
Heads Up Display to Transfer Calls in Directory
To enable HUD, follow these steps:
1. Click Settings at the bottom of most app pages.
2. On the Settings page, click HUD.
3. Click the HUD switch ON.
4. After HUD is turned ON, the HUD icon will appear on the top menu bar. Click the HUD icon to open Welcome to the HUD. The Welcome screen will appear if you have not set up your Presence appearance in your online account; otherwise your HUD list will sync automatically to the extensions in your Presence appearance.
Transferring a call:
1. During an active call, mouse over the extension (John Doe, Ext: 106) to see additional options you can perform with HUD. These are Call (phone icon), Text (bubble icon), Transfer (arrow icon), and Conference (add person icon).
2. You can transfer your active call to another extension by Warm Transfer, Blind Transfer, or To Voicemail.
3. With HUD you can also instantly add (conference in) users to your active calls; for example, adding Jane Doe to your current call with John Doe.
View or Listen to Messages
To view your messages:
At the top of the screen, click the envelope icon . The Messages screen opens. All of your messages are listed on the screen.
To listen to a voicemail message:
Voicemail messages are shown with the cassette tape icon: . Click the message you want to hear. Then click the play button on the audio bar to start the message. When you’ve finished listening to the message, you can:
- Call the person back.
- Text the person a message.
- Delete the message. It’s permanently removed from your account.
- Flag the message so you know you’ve heard it already. Click again to mark it as unheard.
- Block this number from your account so you no longer receive calls from the person.
- Add this person to your Contacts list, and other options.
- Download files from the cloud.
Audio Conference Call
1. At the bottom of the screen, click the conference icon . The Conferencing screen opens, listing your Host Access and Participant Access numbers.
2. If you have international participants, turn on Include additional dial-in numbers. This option lets you include local numbers in other countries so your participants won’t be charged international fees. Once you turn on this option, you can select the countries you would like to include in the invitation.
3. Decide if you want to invite people by text message or by email. Then click either Invite with Text or Invite with Email. The screen will switch to the email form or a text message.
4. In the To field, find the contacts you want, or type their phone numbers. Notice that an invitation message, complete with dial-in numbers, is automatically created for you. You can tack on a personal message if you like.
5. Click Send, and your invitations are sent to your participants.
6. Now, click Join as Host to start the conference call. The Active Call screen opens so you can manage your conference call as needed. The Mute, Record, and Add+ (persons) options are especially useful during a call.
7. When you’re finished with your conference call, click End Call to stop the conference call for everyone and hang up.