Preventing Banking Frauds Over The Internet.
DEBIT/CREDIT CARD BASED FRAUD PREVENTION.
1) Never save your card details on websites. Delete them after making purchases.
2) Always use your very own computer or phone for making purchases
3) Do not use public networks for monetary transactions. Use Mobile Data or Private wifi.
4) Make sure the Network has WPA2/WEP password protected security.
WHILE CARRYING OUT ONLINE TRANSACTIONS.
1) Never refresh an unresponsive page. Your money may get deducted without successful payment.
2) Always verify the Site's legitimacy with the "lock" icon to prevent phishing.
3) Always cross verify the merchant name and the paying amount on transaction page.
1) Always turn off “Auto renewal” on websites like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hotstar or other websites. Turn off the “subscribed” button
NET BANKING BASED INTERNET FRAUD.
1) Never leave tabs open even on your own computer.
2) Do not overload your browser with extensions.
3) Never give admin privileges and screen sharing access to unnecessary softwares.
4) Before feeding in Online Banking Details ensure the account details of yourself and the merchant.
5) Always Download the payment receipt with CC avenue number.
FRONT END SECURITY TIPS.
1) Don't add Antivirus software to browser scanning.
2) Never ignore Google security alerts.
3) Be mindful of softwares running in the background, some record your keyboard activity.
4) Always choose a well known payment portal. example: Techprocess, cc avenue, Paytm etc.
ACCOUNTS BASED FRAUD.
1) Sometimes ads or people will request for certain basic credentials in the name of carrying out offers. DO NOT SHARE AT ANY COST.
2) Never give apps/software permission to access your SMS in box. They will scan the OTP and intercept it to a third party.
3) Always enable Two Factor Authentication. Even if a third party has access to your password, an SMS with OTP will always be sent to your phone, thus adding a second layer of security.