One pager on expectation of Project Status meeting, PM's responsibility and the Project Scorecard in general
What is a Project Scorecard
The Project Scorecard is a Project Monitoring and Control Tool created to quickly provide the status of every IT PMO project
Where is it located?
New Office 365 Sharepoint site
Sharepoint Site Specific Location
IT PMO/IT GOV/Project Status
View or Update Project Status
Key Terms/Field Definitions
Free-form title that was entered into the Project Request form under Project Name
Free-form brief explanation of project/effort.
Project Manager's name
10 possible states to identify what stage the project is in
Green:On track, Yellow:At risk, Red:trailing, Blue:Complete, Gray:On hold
4 possible trends which call out the timeline progress toward completion
Status / Comments
Brief synopsis of accomplishments from prior week, targets for upcoming week, critical risks/issues.
Select Yes or No if this project has been called/watched with scrutiny by management recently
Select Yes or No if this project is on the CIO Dashboard
Business / IT
2 possible options Business or IT. If Project has a WAVE ID, select Business else IT
not defined yet
Filtered on Project. Excludes Sub-Project, Operational Support and Functional Support.
Lists the WAVE ID assigned to the project in McKinsey's WAVE
Identifies the Initiative to which the project is tied
Weekly Project Status Meeting PM Responsibilities
1. Update the Project Scorecard prior to weekly meeting
2. Show up to weekly meeting prepared to answer any questions
3. If you are unable to attend meeting, ensure you have a backup representative, i.e. Resource Manager, who is aware of the project status
4. Use standard format when updating Status/Comments section M/D/Initials
5. Minimum cadence for updates is once a week, though you can update more frequently if applicable
6. Call out any missing projects missing from the Project Scorecard before meeting
For questions about PM responsibilities, refer to your Resource Manager.
How to Update Project Scorecard Flowchart
Help Us Go Positive!
We offset our carbon usage with Ecologi. Click the link below to help us!