This is a draft cheat sheet. It is a work in progress and is not finished yet.
Characteristics of Living Things:
Levels of Classification
Species: a group of organisms that can reproduce to produce fertile offspring.
-System of naming species.
-Two parts showing the genus and species.
Kingdoms of Life
- Often Unicellular.
- No nucleus.
- Murein cell wall
- No mitochondria.
- Some photosynthesize.
- Some are harmful eg:Cholera & tuberculosis.
- Some play role in the carbon/nitrogen cycle.
- Some are used in biotechnology eg:treatment of sewage & making insulin
Bacteria: Single, very small cell, no true nucleus but have a cell wall.
- Mostly unicellular but some are multicellular. eg: seaweed.
- Have nucleus.
-Some are plant-like w/ chloroplast & cellulose cell walls others are animal like.
- Some are autotrophs others are heterotrophs.
eg: Algae, Protozoa & Slime moulds.