Supercharge Your Marketing Efforts
This is a draft cheat sheet. It is a work in progress and is not finished yet.
Often, those using event-management and attendee-engagement software already have the tools they need but fail to maximize their potential. Following are a few simple strategies for boosting your event-marketing efforts with the software and channels you probably have in your toolkit.
Before Your Event
• Use your event website as your marketing hub. Include speaker and session details, encourage app downloads and empower attendees to share information with social widgets.
• Consider creating a promotional video about your event app, with instructions on how to download it and some event highlights.
• Take to social media to promote keynotes, special events and other draws for your conference. Double your efforts by using phrases like, "Download the app to learn more." You'll see app adoption go up while promoting important features of your conference.
• Use digital ads on social media and search engines to drive visitors to your website or app. This will increase interest and ultimately lead to more registrations.
• Communicate the benefits of your conference to attendees via email. Drive app adoption and promote your website using the same method. It's best to break up lots of information into quick, short emails to be sent over a sustained period of time.
During Your Event
• Use your mobile event app to send push notifications to encourage attendees to visit certain areas, attend important events and visit your spotlight sponsors.
• Embed a social media feed on your digital schedule-at-a-glance. This will encourage attendees to post sessions from the app or website and share photos of the event, all while helping them navigate your conference.
• Devote an entire digital display to being a social media wall. Seeing the live tweets will instill FOMO ("fear of missing out") in your attendees and encourage them to live-tweet or see what people are saying about your event.
• Use your on-site help desk to encourage attendees to use the app to choose sessions or learn more about how to maximize their time at the conference.
• Host a scavenger hunt in your event app to help drive traffic to sponsor booths, facilitate networking among attendees and add an element of fun and competition to your trade show.
After Your Event
• Get valuable insights from attendees using surveys and evaluations to determine what worked -- and what didn't -- to inform your strategy for next year. Ask attendees what's important to them, and use that information to make your programming more relevant in the future. Relevancy always makes marketing easier.
• Distribute event content via conference proceedings (audio/video recordings of your conference synchronized with presentation slides). This can be either a free option or upsell to attendees, depending on your revenue needs. You can also repurpose content from sessions on social media, your blog and through other channels.
• Dive into your data and review stats about attendee demographics, software usage and interaction with specific sessions or activities at your event. Use this information to improve flow and engagement at future events.