1. What is the issue?
a. Be as descriptive as possible.
2. Who is experiencing the issue?
a. Contact information, phone number, email address, and what time of day that works best for contact?
3. When did the issue first start to occur?
a. Dates and times
4. Has this issue happened before?
a. If yes, when?
5. What impact is the issue having on you, your team, or department?
a. Somewhat functional, non-functional or complete shutdown?
6. Is the issue affecting a single user or more than one person?
a. Are there any correlations between these users such as computer type, changes in environment or recent upgrades to hardware or software?
7. Do you experience this issue on another computer\device\network?
a. Is it location or area specific, building-related, or specific to a group of users?
8. Has anything else changed since this issue started?
a. Have there been any recent software changes (including installations, deletions, reconfiguration, other modifications)?
b. Have there been any recent additions to the system (adding hardware, upgrading hardware or hardware drivers, adding peripherals)?
9. Does rebooting the computer fix the issue (on the Server or Client machines)?
10. Are there other applications preventing the software from working?
a. Virus, Malware, Firewall or other applications running on the server or the client’s machine?
11. Is the issue web browser related?
a. Trying another browser for Server portal issues can sometime resolve issues.
12. Is the issue network related?
a. Have there been any changes to the network or network hardware?
b. Recent changes or issues with their Directory Services?
c. Can they log in to another shared application or drive?
d. Has the computer been moved recently causing loose cables or other connections?
e. Are cables being unreasonably stretched or crimped?
f. What type of environment is the computer set up in – Wi-Fi or Wired?