This is a draft cheat sheet. It is a work in progress and is not finished yet.
Whether you’re over the age of 65 or have a loved one who is, there are simple, inexpensive things you can do TODAY to help plan for aging with dignity, choice, and independence. Access this checklist and share with others who might need it.
1. Talk to your family about what’s important to you as you age.
2. Make a list of all your medications, and keep it up to date.
3. Do a walk-through of your home to ensure that it’s both safe and comfortable.
4. Take note of changes in your appetite, or if your weight has fluctuated.
5. Find an activity that is new or fun for you – and get active.
6. Make a list of your support team – people in your life who can assist you.
7. Make a list of the things you need help with, and ask for help if you need it.
8. Review your finances – are you prepared for the future costs of your own care?
9. Talk to your doctor about any changes in your health.
10. Find out where your local senior center is – and pay a visit