Morisky Medication Adherence Scales
This is a draft cheat sheet. It is a work in progress and is not finished yet.
MMAS-4 & MMAS-8
1) Do you ever forget to take your medicine?
1) Do yous ometimes forget to take your pills?
2) Are you careless at times about taking your medicine?
2) People sometimes misstaking their medications for reasons other than forgetting.Thinking over the past two weeks, were there any days when you did not take your medicine?
3) Sometimes if you feel worse when you take the medicine, do you stop taking it?
3) Have you ever cut back or stopped taking your medicine without telling your doctor because you felt worse when you took it?
4) When you travel or leave home, do you sometimes forget to bring along your medicine?
5) Didy ou take all your medicine yesterday?
4) When you feel better do you sometimes stop taking your medicine?
6) When you feel like your symptomsareundercontrol,doyousometimesstoptakingyourmedicine?
7) Taking medicine everyday is a real inconvenience for some people. Do you ever feel hassled about sticking to your treatment plan?
8 ) How often do you haved ifficulty remembering to take all your medicine?
Credit: Morisky DE, Green LW, Levine DM. Concurrent and predictive validity of a self-reported measure of medication adherence. Med Care. 1986;24:67–74.
Help Us Go Positive!
We offset our carbon usage with Ecologi. Click the link below to help us!