Instructor Class Check List
This is a draft cheat sheet. It is a work in progress and is not finished yet.
· Know your subject one level above what you are teaching.
· Check the equipment for any problems.
· Check the software for any problems.
· Check your materials: do you have everything? Sign-in sheets, books, etc.
Beginning of Class
· Remember to get students expectations for the class.
· Identify where the break areas are and negotiate when breaks will be taken.
· Identify smoking areas.
· Mention location of rest rooms.
· Mention where refreshments can be consumed.
· See if there are any special needs that participants need to make you aware of, ex. have to take medication at a certain time.
· Provide information on making the environment more comfortable, ex. Adjustment of chairs, lights and temperature.
· Identify your "classroom rules" — such as how questions will be handled.
· Reinforce your interest in them by using their names.
· Don't forget to provide objectives and summarization.
· Use good questioning techniques to gauge their understanding.
· Watch for signs tipping you off to their learning/input style so you can gear your teaching to that style.
End of Class
· Identify any outstanding questions that you need to follow-up on: remember if you said you would get back to them on something it's a verbal contract.
· Please leave the room while students are filling out the evaluations. Have the students leave the evaluations in a designated area or identify a participant to collect the evaluations.
· Return the software to its original start-up state.
· Complete the instructor evaluation form if applicable.
· Make sure all paperwork is properly filed.
· If applicable distribute certificates.