The 10 ingredients you must have in your keto kitchen
There are a few items that I used daily for snacks, and some ingredients that are always in my personal favorite recipes.
1. Eggs : used in omelets, portable bowls with scrambled eggs/cheese/sausage patty (for work), low carb pizza crust, etc.
2. Bacon: Breakfast, salad garnish, burger topper, BLT’s without the bread (great in a bowl)
3. Cream cheese: dozens of recipes, pizza crusts, desserts; I also like to put a tbsp in a low-carb tortilla with a few jalapenos and heat
4. Shredded cheese: this goes on everything – taco meat without shells, made into tortilla chips in the microwave, salad toppers, low-carb pizza and enchiladas
5. Lots of romaine and spinach: fill up on the green veggies
6. EZ-Sweetz liquid sweetener: a couple of drops in fake chocolate mousse and many other recipes. This one is the most natural and easiest to use.
7. Cauliflower: fresh or frozen bags – eat by itself, tossed in olive oil and baked, mashed in fake potatoes, chopped/shredded and used as rice under main dishes, and much more
8. Large bag of frozen chicken tenders: thaw quickly and grill, saute, mix with veggies and top with garlic sauce in a low carb flatbread, Chicken piccata, chicken alfredo, chicken tacos
9. Ground beef or hamburger: make a big burger and top with all sorts of things from cheese, to sauteed mushrooms, to grilled onions. Or crumble and cook with taco seasoning, throw in a dish with lettuce, avocado, cheese, sour cream (just leave off the tortilla – or make the fake cheese tortillas out of provolone cheese!)
10. Almonds (plain or flavored): these are my go-to snack. Be sure to count them, because the carbs DO add up. Flavors include habanero, coconut, salt and vinegar and more.