Fundementals of Catholic Dogma
This is a draft cheat sheet. It is a work in progress and is not finished yet.
The 8 Betitudes
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven
2. Blessed are the meek: for they shall posses the land
3 .Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted
4. Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill
5. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy
6. Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God
7. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called children of God
8. Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven
The 3 Duties of the Ordained
1. Duty to Teach
2. Duty to Sanctify
3. Duty to Shepherd
The 4 Pillars of the Catholic Faith
1. The Apostles Creed
2. The Seven Sacraments
3. The Ten Commandments
4. The Lord's Prayer
The 3 Pillars of the Church Authority
1. Sacred Scripture
2. Sacred Tradition
3. Living Magisterium
The 4 Marks of the Church
The 3 Parts of the Church
1. The Church Militant (Christians on Earth)
2. The Church Suffering (Christians in Purgatory)
3. The Church Triumphant (Christians in Heaven)
The 6 Precepts of the Church
1. To go to Mass on Sundays and Holy days & refrain from servile work
2. To go to Confession at least once a year (traditionally during Lent)
3. To receive the Eucharist at least once a year, during Easter Season (known as the "Easter duty")
4. To observe the days of fasting and abstinence
5. To help to provide for the needs of the Church
6. To obey the marriage laws of the Church
The 7 Disguises God frequently sends his Graces
1. In the disguise of ingratitude from friends
2. In the disguise of being misunderstood
3. In the disguise of failure
4. In the disguise of being dishonored
5. In the disguise of poverty
6. In the disguise of sickness
7. In the disguise of death
The 4 Sins Crying to Heaven for Revenge
1. Willful murder (including abortion)
2. The sin of Sodom.
3. Oppression of the poor.
4. Defrauding laborers of their wages.
The 6 Sins Against the Holy Spirit
1. Presumption of God's mercy.
3. Impugning the Known Truth.
4. Envy at another's spiritual good.
5. Obstinacy in Sin.
6. Final Impenitence.
The 9 Ways to be an Accessory to Sin
1. By counsel.
2. By command.
3. By consent.
4. By provocation.
5. By praise or flattery.
6. By concealment.
7. By partaking.
8. By silence.
9. By defense of the ill done
The 7 Failures Few People Take into Account
1. To form good habits that bring peace in advanced years
2. To live in simple, humble surroundings
3. To make friends with the Saints
4. To win the special protection of the angels through prayer
5. To give alms to the poor, the merit of which will live for years
6. To gain indulgences in the easy way offered by the Church
7. To grow old virtuously
The Last 4 Things to Remember