1. Make sure the entrance to the event is attractive and appealing to guests. Several lush plants, beautiful artwork, and/or a water feature could be used to create a pleasing welcome. The entrance sets the tone and expectations of what is to come. Your entrance can build excitement for what is to come so guests are enthusiastic about getting inside.
2. The registration table is a beacon for guests and shows them the way to your event. Set it up so it attracts the attention of the guests. The table should be placed to face the entrance as the guests arrive so the registration agents are behind the table and also facing the entrance. This makes the guests feel confident that everything is taken care of and they can relax and enjoy themselves.
3. Place a fresh flower arrangement on the registration table and arrange some large lush green plants on the floor to the sides or back of the registration table to ensure enthusiasm and confidence for the guests. Beauty has the power to inspire and bring a feeling of abundance.
4. Check the lighting. The entrance and the registration table should be well lighted. Great lighting adds to the feeling of pleasure and enjoyment. Make use of as much natural light as possible, it smooths the transition between the entrance, the table and the event. If the entrance and registration are dimly lit you may have grumpy, unhappy guests that isolate themselves and don’t mingle. Bring in more light if you need it.
5. Choose colors for the registration table cover and accessories that complement the feeling you are creating. Red, orange, and yellow are fire and earth colors and bring warmth and excitement. Green, blue and purple are water and wood colors and bring coolness and comfort. A spot of red at the registration table (if only a flower) enhances the enthusiasm and excitement for guests.